Across the United States, programs that electrify space heating homes and buildings — primarily using high-efficiency space heating heat pumps— are growing rapidly. A topic brief released today shows that current-year budgets for the 23 programs we reviewed are nearly $110 million, up 70% from the prior year.
Here is the content list:
Electrifying water space heaters
Electrifying vehicles and commercial buildings
These programs build on a policy framework in several states (discussed in a recent post) that promotes decarbonizing electricity generation and then using this cleaner electricity to replace fossil fuels where feasible and practical.
In areas with high use of delivered fuels (fuel oil and propane), such as the Northeast, many programs target customers using these fuels, because the economics of electrification in these situations are often better than when displacing natural gas. Likewise, a few programs, such as in California, Connecticut, Illinois, and Michigan, are encouraging all-electric new construction — another market segment with favorable economics.
An increasing number of programs are looking to encourage space heating heat pumps as primary space heating heat pumps systems. In regions with the growing use of air conditioning, ductless space heating heat pumps are a popular way to add both supplemental space heating and efficient air conditioning to homes that are difficult to retrofit with central air conditioning.
While our topic brief focuses on space heating heat pumps for space heating, programs to promote space heating heat pumps are also extensive.
For example, the Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) measures its success based on avoided carbon; it has a program to encourage homes with gas water space heaters to install electric space heating heat pumps when an existing water space heater needs replacement. It offers $3,000 incentives for converting to space heating heat pumps; these incentives typically cover more than 90% of the costs of the new water space heater, including conversion costs. In 2019, more than 1,000 space heating heat pumps were installed. The pace picked up in 2020, with 436 units installed in the first quarter.
Likewise, the California Public Utilities Commission earlier this year approved $45 million for utility sspace heating heat pumps programs through the Self-Generation Incentive Program (which is separate from energy efficiency funding).
Programs to date emphasize the residential sector. While commercial applications are often eligible, they are usually not targeted, and where targeted, the emphasis is on smaller buildings. Analysts and programs are just starting to consider electrification opportunities in the commercial sector.
There are also large electrification opportunities in transportation, with many state and utility programs promoting electric cars, trucks, and buses, as well as the charging infrastructure and rates needed to support electric vehicle (EV) deployment.
MICOE has developed a variety of different space heating pumps. If you are in the space heating pump business, you can consider using our cost-effective products.
The heat pump hot water system inputs a small amount of high-grade energy (such as electric energy) to realize the transfer of heat energy from low temperature to high temperature. Throughout the year, the heat pump hot water system continuously removes the heat from the air, groundwater, and surface water, and heats the tap water to a certain temperature, and supplies it to users as domestic hot water.
Here is the content list:
How to choose the installation location of a hot water heat pump?
What are the design requirements of the hot water heat pump system?
How to maintain the hot water heat pump?
1. The installation location of heat pump hot water must have enough space.
2. The installation location of heat pump hot water should be as far away as possible from living and working areas.
3. When the unit of heat pump hot water is installed outdoors, wind and rain prevention facilities must be prepared.
4. Pay attention to the wind direction when installing the unit.
5. The installation position of the unit should be convenient for drainage.
1. The installation of the heat pump hot water should be leveled and fixed on the high-rise or ground foundation of the building. The foundation load should meet the requirements, and the foundation height should not be less than 100mm.
2. The unit of heat pump hot water is fixed with anchor bolts, and vibration reduction measures must be taken during installation.
3. The piping material of the water system on the user side can be selected: galvanized welded steel pipe, seamless pipe, copper pipe, stainless steel pipe, aluminum-plastic pipe, PP-R pipe.
4. In order to prevent the spread of vibration, the water pipe connecting the unit should be equipped with a rubber soft joint, and a soft wire protection tube should be used.
5. The water system pipeline should use high-quality insulation materials, and the insulation thickness depends on the local environment and the insulation performance of the insulation materials.
6. The installation of equipment, pipelines, valves, and meters should comply with relevant installation specifications and be easy to overhaul; pipe supports should meet the requirements of corresponding material and model strength.
7. The domestic water used on the user side of the heat pump hot water unit must comply with the "Sanitary Standards for Drinking Water", and it is strictly forbidden to directly use untreated water sources such as groundwater, river water, and lake water; water sources that do not meet the requirements must be installed with water treatment facilities.
8. In order to prevent impurities from entering the unit and causing a blockage, the water inlet pipe of the unit must be installed with a filter to facilitate cleaning.
1. Make frequent patrols and regularly check the water system pipelines and valves for water leakage; Check whether the water system instruments are in good condition and work properly; Check whether the heat pump hot water are falling off or loose.
2. Always check and clean the air system blockage caused by the accumulation of dust, leaves, or other dirt on the fins. The fins are cleaned according to the situation. The cleaning method is: gently wipe with a rag or soft brush, and wash with clean water.
3. The maintenance of the electrical system should be carried out by a professional electrician. Check whether the electrical box of the electrical box is normal, whether the wiring is firm and reliable, and ensure that there is no looseness; regularly clean the dust in the electrical box. If the machine is running, if there is a failure, it must be shut down for inspection and continue to work after the failure is eliminated.
It is the responsibility of each manufacturer to produce an industrial hot water heat pump that meets the standards, so as to ensure the safety of the use of hot water heat pump and the healthy development of the heat pump hot water market. MICOE many tests on hot water heat pumps before they leave the factory, and the quality qualification rate is guaranteed. If you are in the heat pump business, you can consider our cost-effective products.
The heat pump is a high-efficiency energy-saving device that makes full use of low-grade heat energy. A hot water heat pump is an important application.
Here is the content list:
1. What is the working principle of a hot water heat pump?
2. What are the advantages of hot water heat pumps?
3. What are the disadvantages of hot water heat pumps?
The working principle of the hot water heat pump heating in winter: the hot water heat pump takes the groundwater from the water extraction well and sends it to the hot water heat pump unit. The unit absorbs the low-grade groundwater of heat energy, and then it is sent back to the ground and the earth to heat again after being charged well. Exchange to increase heat energy, and then reuse.
The liquid refrigerant in the hot water heat pump unit absorbs the low-level heat energy of the groundwater in the evaporator and evaporates into a low-temperature and low-pressure gaseous refrigerant. The compressor (using a fully enclosed flexible scroll compressor with reliable operation and high heating efficiency) compresses it into a high temperature and high-pressure gaseous refrigerant, and then sends it out of the condenser. The high-temperature and high-pressure gaseous refrigerant in the condenser transfer heat to the building's circulating water (geothermal or heating radiator) through heat exchange. After dissipating the heat to the building, it condenses into a liquid state and then returns to the hot water heat pump evaporator to repeat. The process of heat absorption and heat exchange.
(1) Easy to maintain
The range of water temperature fluctuation is much smaller than that of air. The relatively constant water temperature makes the operation of the hot water heat pump unit more stable; it adopts full computer control and has a high degree of automation. Because the hot water heat pump system is simple, the unit has few parts, and the operation is stable, the maintenance cost is low and the service life is long.
(2) Renewable energy
The hot water heat pump uses the solar energy stored in the earth's water body as the heat source and uses the low-temperature water after the natural heat dissipation of the earth's water body as the cold source, so the hot water heat pump uses clean and renewable energy.
(3) Save water and land
The hot water heat pump uses surface water as a source of cold and heat and emits or absorbs heat to it, without consuming water resources and causing no pollution to it. At the same time, the hot water heat pump saves the boiler room and other facilities, saving construction space.
To protect the groundwater source from pollution, some cities prohibit the extraction and utilization; hot water heat pumps that use water from rivers and lakes are also affected by many factors such as seasonal drops in water levels. Therefore, there are many restrictions on the use conditions of hot water heat pumps.
It is the responsibility of each manufacturer to produce hot water heat pumps that meet the standards, to ensure the healthy development of the hot water heat pumps market.
MICOE CORPORATION conducts many tests on hot water heat pumps before they leave the factory, and the quality qualification rate is guaranteed. If you are in the hot water heat pumps business, you can consider our cost-effective products.
With the improvement of consumers' environmental protection concept and health awareness, the trend of energy-saving products comes rapidly. With the improvement of the quality of life, many people will install air energy heat pumps in their homes. And the most common is fixed frequency heat pump and variable frequency heat pump, so what is the difference between the two? What are the advantages of inverter air source heat pump compared with fixed frequency heat pump?
1. The Inverter air source heat pumps save more energy than fixed-frequency air energy heat pumps
The traditional constant frequency air energy heat pump constant frequency air source heat pump is to control the room temperature by controlling the compressor start/stop. Because the power supply frequency can not be changed, the speed of the compressor of fixed frequency air energy will not change basically, such as the compressor will stop working after the room temperature reaches the set temperature, and will start to work on the contrary. Such frequent startup and shutdown, not only affect the life of the compressor, but also consume more electricity.
The inverter air energy heat pump can automatically adjust the compressor power according to the environment and water temperature changes, and will not shut down after reaching the set temperature, but automatically turn into low-frequency operation, and the energy saving effect is far better than the fixed-frequency heat pump.
2. The Inverter air heat pump heating faster
Inverter air energy heat pump can adjust the working efficiency of the compressor, improve the heat of the compression mechanism, and achieve rapid heating under the condition of high frequency operation of the compressor. Compared with the fixed-frequency air energy heat pumps, Micoe inverter air heat pumps can have a great amount of heat, so that the continuous heat capacity is super.
3.Variable frequency air energy heat pump is more suitable for low temperature environment
Air energy water heater is subject to the principle of air energy heating, heating efficiency decreases with the decrease of temperature. The inverter air water heater realizes the compressor work efficiency is controllable, when in the low temperature environment, the compressor can run high frequency, greatly improves the heating efficiency of the air energy water heater, to ensure the normal heating in the low temperature environment.
Micoe inverter air heat pump adopts intelligent control full DC frequency conversion heating system, and R410a refrigerant support, effectively broaden the air energy low temperature operating environment, in low temperature state than ordinary air energy heating efficiency increased by more than 50%. It has been successfully applied to thousands of cases in residential communities, hospitals, factories, hotels and so on.
Visit www.micoe.com to get more details.